Saturday, May 10, 2014

Curtain Call Pink and Pretty

DSCF2887

Happy Saturday peeps!  Hope you have something fun planned for this weekend…even if you’re a mom or not!  I am squeaking in this Curtain Call card by minutes; it’s another bridal shower card, and the bride’s colors just happen to be pink and gold, so I thought it was a good choice for the challenge.  Here’s the inspiration photo:

and here’s my card:

LeAnne Pugliese WeeInklings Just For You Shower Card Stampin

DSCF2886

I used some scraps from a designer paper stack I got years ago, cutting the floral portion out with a circle die and adding gold elements:  one portion of the Sweet & Sassy sentiment is heat embossed in gold, the other is stamped with gold encore, the leaves are diecut from SU’s Gold Foil and I added a few of SU’s Gold Sequins.  I lightly colored a few taffeta roses with pink ink and added them as well:

DSCF2882

I added a Brushed Gold mat and some gold speckles too!  Now be sure to come back tomorrow for a great color challenge at the Paper Players

We are encouraging Cassidy in her “cleaning” lessons, and when she asked to clean the table after dinner yesterday, we agreed!  We just didn’t know she’d get so into it:

DSCF1397

DSCF1401

DSCF1400

We were all laughing so hard, we couldn’t yell at her to tell her to get off the table!!!  Enjoy your day!

8 comments:

Linda said...

Beautiful card! I love the flecks of gold.
I could use a table cleaner like that.
Have a great Saturday.

Cheryl said...

Love your card, it is beautiful! Cassidy had to get on the table...she couldn't reach over anymore!!!

AnitaR said...

We are going to miss this little girl like crazy when she starts school!

Lisa Elton said...

Beautiful card LeAnne, I love those gold leaves!! I've heard of elbow grease...but knees too LOL!! Too cute ;)

Darlene Gabriel said...

Now that's "getting into" it. So funny but then.......how else was she supposed reach those far corners? ;)
Such a pretty card today. I love those soft flowers and the DP you've used for the circle. I need some more time in my Craft room.

Marisa said...

Fabulously done! Great take on the challenge :)

~amy~ said...

Your card is gorgeous..love all the pink and gold!
Now that's a clean table! How cute!
Thanks for playing with us at Curtain Call!

Kristie Goulet said...

Your card is beautiful, LeAnne!

Cassidy is such a little ham. Love all the pictures you share. In this picture she reminds me of my niece. ♥