Monday, June 23, 2014

Merry Monday 114

DSCF3804

Happy Monday, peeps!  That means a new Merry Monday challenge….I couldn’t play last week and really missed it, so I wanted to make sure I was able to play this week!  Here’s our challenge from Katie:

Well, I knew what sentiment I wanted to use….it’s from My Favorite Things’ Seasonal Sentiments.  But what to make “sparkly”?  I then remembered this awesome sparkly paper that a sweet customer gave me, so I went to work:

LeAnne Pugliese WeeInklings Merry Monday 114 Sparkle Christmas Card Stampin

Since the paper was so striking, I didn’t add a thing to it except the sentiment itself, matted with some Red Glimmer Paper.  I cut out a little piece of one of the swirls and popped it up, and added a rhinestone.  I hope you can see how pretty the paper is:

DSCF3807

The card base is Bravo Burgundy, and I added a pretty sentiment and “sparkle” to the inside as well:

DSCF3808

Christmas is a perfect time to add sparkle and shine to your project, so I hope you can play along!  Be sure to check the Merry Monday blog to see ALL the awesome creations!  See you there!

The fudgesicle Cassidy was eating just sort of got the better of her!

10441339_10152913956847646_1496596654279797142_n
10478533_10152913965982646_8779883521269901202_n

Her little tongue just wasn’t quite long enough, LOL!

Wee Project Details
Stamps Seasonal Sentiments (My Favorite Things), Fanciful Christmas (Amy R Stamps)
Card stock & Papers     Bravo Burgundy, Whisper White, Red Glimmer, Unknown DP
 Ink Bravo Burgundy
Accessories Rhinestone
Tools     Dimensionals

15 comments:

JoAnn said...

Very pretty and sparkly. Love it.

Linda said...

OH my it must have been a warm day and not eating fast enough. LOL Good thing for that swimming pool!
Love the card. I really like the way you did the inside. That looks great!

Kristie Goulet said...

That paper is so pretty, I thought that was a stamp with glitter. I LOVE this card and sentiment. Great pictures of Cassidy. :)

laurie said...

I thought it was a stamp with glitter, too! Love the sparkle!

Darlene Gabriel said...

Oh the poor thing - she has that fudgesicle melting all over her. She must have been getting frustrated trying to reach that with her tongue, but I'll bet it was funny to watch.
Wow I love the paper you used on your card today and I'm so glad you didn't cover it up. Great idea to cut a couple of the swirls to add to the sentiment. I love the inside too.

Katie Melhus said...

Woweeee, that red paper is just awesome! What a gorgeous sparkly creation, LeAnne :)

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

Gorgeous! And your sentiment is indeed perfect!!

Deanne :)

Bonnie said...

That is the PERFECT sentiment for this challenge LeAnne! And that paper is GORGEOUS! What a sweet friend you have! Have a great week! Jack ate a green Popsicle today and he was as green as Cassidy was brown. Tastes better when it's messy!

Karren said...

Wow, that paper is stunning and the sentiment is a perfect match. Just fabulous!

Susan Joyce said...

Awesome paper, I love how you just let it shine. Gorgeous card!

wienerhoneymooners said...

That paper is so STUNNING, and your paired it with the perfect sentiment. I have a MFT wish list a mile long, and this set is on it!!!!..
YAY, wonderful card LeAnne!

Precious pics of the fudge sicle eater...LOL!!!

Kathy Schweinfurth said...

Oohs and ahhs!! Your creation is a true work of art - I love it!!

Marie Bingaman said...

That paper is gorgeous! I love how you constructed your card to let the paper do all the talking! :)

Erika Clark said...

That super sparkly paper is so classic and gorgeous! It only needed that perfect sentiment...so nice :) I love the fudge pop pics too, she looks so cute trying to get that last little bit!

Notes by Nina said...

Stunning card LeAnne, I love love love the vibrant colour and all that sparkle.