Tuesday, September 2, 2014

ColourQ257

DSCF4896

Happy Tuesday, everyone!  It’s time for another ColourQ challenge!  Look at this luscious palette Arielle has for us today:

I went searching for a sketch and found this one from the Technostamper site:

Cute, huh? I had some papers in my plethora of 6x6 pads to match the challenge colors, and came up with this:

LeAnne Pugliese WeeInklings ColourQ257 Flower Patch Stampin Up

I used images from the Flower Patch set and another sentiment from And Many More…..it’s just such a versatile set, I just keep it on my desk!  I haven’t used that Modern Label punch for a while, and it works great on these sentiments! 

DSCF4897

I added some pearls, ribbons and little punched scallop trim and mounted on an embossed Strawberry Slush card.  Hope you’ll play along with us this week!  There are some awesome samples from the designers, so be sure to check them out for some extra inspiration!

A few pictures from a picnic we attended yesterday:

DSCF4898

DSCF4903

And here’s one for you to try next year….a “devilled egg” cake!  It was hysterical!  And no, it wasn’t solid frosting on top….a little cake covered in yolky-looking icing!!!  LOVED it!

DSCF4902

8 comments:

AnitaR said...

That cake is a hoot! Have to send a photo of it to my niece whose husband LOVES deviled eggs!

Linda said...

Adorable Card!
What a cake! That was very clever. Picnics can be so much fun. It looks like Cassidy was enjoying the swing.

Darlene Gabriel said...

What a beautiful card LeAnne. I love the little pearl embellishments. You did such a great job with this gorgeous colour combo.
That cake is hilarious.
I love the contemplative look on Cassidy's face.

Lisa Elton said...

Oh boy that cake is a hoot!! Your card is marvelous, great take on the sketch and I like the big bold bloom. Cassidy looks like she was having a good time!

Jonia said...

Love your card and the flower. Beautiful work. Love the cake and the cutie pie also. Thanks for playing along this week for our Monday Lunchtime sketch.

MJ said...

Ohhh, I love these fun colors together. You have so many great elements going one here. Awesome job on the sketch. Love the chevron that is going in different directions. And the big dots embossing. Thanks so much for playing along with my sketch challenge this week!

Linda Callahan said...

You are a pro at mixing those colors! Love the card! And that cake is a riot!

Tracey McNeely said...

Beautiful card for CQC, miss you girls. LOVE love love the cake! brilliant!