Sunday, September 7, 2014

Paper Players 212

DSCF5012

Happy Sunday, peeps!  Ann is our hostess for the Paper Players today….and what a great challenge she’s come up with!  I LOVE fall!  It’s right behind Christmas as my favorite crafting time of the year!  Although yesterday did NOT feel fallish, today is much better!  A lovely almost-fall day!  So let’s see what I came up with!

I just got the new Curvy Keepsake box die….and OH MY GOSH, I am having so much fun with it!  These little things are all over blogland, so I am not going to give credit to any one individual, but there are lots of creative ideas out there!  I chose to do two pumpkins, one a traditional orange and the other, a neutral one…not sure what those kind of pumpkins are called:

LeAnne Pugliese WeeInklings Paper Players 212 Curvy Keepsake Box Pumpkins

I have to say this is my favorite one!  I used Natural Ivory cardstock for the pumpkin itself, stamping it with Sahara Sand using Gorgeous Grunge.  I then stamped two Pear Pizzazz Flower Patch leaves with Craft White ink and diecut them with the matching Flower Fair die.   I folded them in half and crimped them to give them some texture.  I cut separate “stems” from Crumb Cake and just tapped them on my Sahara Sand ink pad for some “texture”.  I used one of the tags from the die set and stamped the sentiment from And Many More, then tied it all up with Crochet Trim and Linen Thread.

DSCF5010

The orange pumpkin is cut from Pumpkin Pie, Chocolate Chip and Pear Pizzazz cardstocks, but I ran the pumpkin through the Woodgrain EF, then sponged it for some depth.  The leaves are also from Flower Patch, stamped in Pear Pizzazz and Old Olive.  I used another sentiment from And Many More, diecutting it with the Itty Bitty Banner die, and tying it with gold baker’s twine, letting it unravel (which it does anyway!!!).

DSCF5013

I had a ton of fun creating these little boxes and can’t wait to fill them with some goodies!  I hope you’ll stop by the Paper Players blog to see what all the designers created this week:

Thanks go out to everyone who prayed for Cassidy and sent her well wishes when she broke her wrist.  Here she is with her new pink cast…I won’t see her again until Tuesday, and I imagine she’ll have it decorated with some Frozen stickers and autographs!

10665286_10153110956967646_593332696244447837_n

Enjoy your day!

25 comments:

Bev Gomez said...

oh LeAnne, your pumpkins are darling. I can see those on the table for decoration for Thanksgiving. Very cute.

Claire Broadwater said...

LeAnne, I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE these little pumpkins! I was NOT going to buy this die, but now that I have seen these adorable pumpkins, I have to get it! Thanks a lot! LOL! I have to admit, I am partial to the natural one, too! Thanks for the inspiration!
Cassidy is adorable sporting her pink cast! Praying she heals quickly! XX

lisa808 said...

Your pumpkins are adorable! The natural one is my favorite. Thanks for the idea of stamping it with the Gorgeous Grunge stamp set.

Glad to see Cassidy smiling again.

Kara said...

these are adorable!

Kathy H said...

These pumpkins have "Wow" factor! Beautiful work.

Mike said...

LeAnne, these are so stinkin' cute! I NEVER would have thought to make them into pumpkins! I think this is the only item from the Holiday Catalog I DIDN'T buy, but it looks like I'll be placing another order!

Yapha Mason said...

Oh my word, LeAnne, those pumpkins are amazing! What a perfect use of that die! I love how distinctly different the two you made are. It really shows the versatility!

Nancy said...

LeAnne, love your little treat boxes especially the orange one it really does look like a baby pumpkin!
So sorry to hear of Cassidy's broken wrist, but she looks quite happy with her pink cast!

Kristie W. said...

Oh I love these! I may have to get this die now LOL! The Gorgeous Grunge looks great with the natural paper/Sahara Sand ink.

Sorry to hear Cassidy broke her wrist. She looks like a little trooper and I bet it won't slow her down at all.

2dogs2luv said...

wonderful pumpkins!!

Unknown said...

Hi LeAnn!

What a cute idea! I love it, it could even be filled with some sort of candy and used as a little "thought" gift.

I bet Cassidy loves her cast! Hope to see you Thursday.

Trisha

Andrea W said...

So much detail on your adorable boxes! Making them look like pumpkins is such a clever idea. Super cute idea LeAnne!

Bananastamper said...

I love you darling pumpkins! So cute and fun!
Poor Cassidy! She seems to be wearing her pink cast well. I wish her a speedy recovery.
Shanna :)

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Love these little pumpkins LeAnne - the natural white one looks great! So nice to see Cassidy smiling again - hope her arm gets better real soon! xx

Dawn Tidd said...

These are great, LeAnne! I love the natural one too. I've seen oranges ones but this is the natural and it's awesome!

laurie said...

Oh no..she broke her wrist? I need to go back and read your posts I have missed! I'm glad all turned out ok.

I adore your pumpkin boxes. The white one is awesome, love how you stamped the paper to get that look. Your attention to all the details adds so much...they are SWEET!

Lisa Elton said...

Oh GOSH these are SO CUTE!!! I can see you having lots of fun with this LeAnne! Glad to see that sweet smile back on Cassidy's face ;)

stampwithsandy said...

LeAnne these little pumpkins are the cutest!!! I didn't purchase this die (yet) but I host Thanksgiving dinner each year and what adorable favors they would make! The tags could have names and be place settings besides! Oh you have inspired me with so may ideas..

stampwithsandy said...

Oh, forgot to mention that I am so glad to see Cassidy with a smile on her face! Thank heavens that children heal quickly! We used to call my middle son "tumbleweed" for obvious reasons! He turned out OK.

JoAnn said...

Poor Cassidy. So sorry about her broken wrist. Praying for quick healing.
Your little boxes are adorable.

Frenchie said...

OMG ,LeeAnne , so mush has happen , sorry to have miss Cassady b-day, and her broken wrist , my my , , but so glad she's fine , been gone and still gone. My mother has turn to the worse , she now on Hospics , and we're just trying to keep her confey , I'm so sorry ,
Hugs and a happy happy birthday to Cassady and lots of healing on that wrist ,
NO MORE MONEYS JUMPING ON THE BED , !!! lol'
Lots of hugs to you both frenchie,

MaryH said...

Oh that poor baby and her boo-boo arm. She's a beauty for sure, and I hope she's healing without too much pain. Loved your textured pumpkins, what wonderful 3-D projects these were, and perfect to add a little treat - super for trick or treaters I expect. Was interested to see your DD is named Dana...so is mine! (Lovely name!!) I'll be joining as your newest follower and thanks for making me welcome at my first Paper Player Challenge.

Monika Reeck said...

LeAnne the pumpkin looks so real and adorable love your project and ooh little cutie girl hope she will get well soon..my son 7 years old was at the middle July falling down from football match and it was broken also he got many names/handwriting on his gips from his friends in school

I just joining again the challenge at paper players hope you like to visiting my blog and see my Fall card..would be so happy to get some love from you...hugs, Monika

Jaydee said...

LeAnne, I love these little boxes. Beautifully decorated. I'm in love with Cassidy's pink cast!
hugs
jaydee

Nance Leedy said...

I've always loved those cream colored pumpkins too--so cool and elegant. Your sweet little paper versions are ADORABLE! Love the stamping and texture you gave to the box--it really gives them dimension. Absolutely adorable--you rocked this challenge, my friend! Hope Cassidy is adjusting to her cast by now! ((hugs)) to you both!