Monday, January 19, 2015

AYSI070 Sympathy

DSCF7418

Happy Monday, everyone!  We had a soggy weekend here in PA, and I got to do a wee bit of creating!  Unfortunately, I needed a sympathy card, and I had some scraps already on my desk, so I searched for a challenge to get me started and found the As You See It challenge for this week:

070

Yikes!  But I was up for the challenge, and here is my card:

LeAnne Pugliese WeeInklings Sympathy THoughts and Prayers Stampin Up

I had the embossed hearts already done but didn’t use it for the original intent, so I made a tag from it, grunged it up a bit and popped it up on the front; I did some stamping on my background DSP (a misc. piece from My Mind’s Eye, as are the others) with the Everything Eleanor set, then made a banner with the sentiment from Thoughts and Prayers:

DSCF7417

I used shades of Crumb Cake, Old Olive and Soft Sky for my background stamping, and Basic Gray for the sentiment….I guess technically that’s four colors, hope they don’t throw me out!  I also colored some rhinestones black and placed a few strategically around the card.

DSCF7419

Thanks for visiting today!

Lining up the letters and numbers….in her Santa jammies!

DSCF7401

DSCF7399

9 comments:

Ruthie said...

I love this card ... It has a soothing component to it - I think b/c of the softness of the colors and DSP .... Love it! Thanks for sharing!

Linda Callahan said...

You are never one to shy away from a challenge.....this is gorgeous!

Marisa said...

That EF is calling my name LOUDLY :) Gorgeous card!

Lisa Elton said...

Gosh those embossed hearts are pretty!! This is marvelous LeAnne. You worked all of the challenge elements in beautifully!

Carol L said...

What a beautiful card! Oddly enough, today I made 6 thank-you cards with that same scalloped punch as the focal point of the card! LOL I love the embossed hearts! My son played endlessly with magnetic alphas and numbers on the refrigerator when he was young too! He never tired of playing with them, and he ended up earning his degree in physics! Go Cassidy!

Linda said...

Santa pjs that is so cool! She is adorable and yes she looked so grown up on you last post. Tell her to slow down.
I love the card it looks like you have silver heart attached to that tag, that is a great embossing folder. I have to look I think I have it. I love your card but am sorry you needed a sympathy card.
Hugs,
Linda

stampwithsandy said...

Yikes is right! That is some challenge! You totally aced it though, LeAnne. Love the vintage feel and the way you inked and embossed the tag.

Heather Cooper said...

Loving all that collage stamping and the embossing! The card has a really sophisticated look, Leanne! You tackled all those elements head on and rocked it! Thanks for playing with us at As You See It Challenges this week!

Amanda said...

Really pretty elements and such eclectic pieces that you were able to use and yet pull all together beautifully! Thanks for playing at AYSI.