Sunday, November 22, 2015

Paper Players 272

DSCF2992 - Copy

Happy Sunday, peeps!  Laurie is our hostess at the Paper Players this week, and she has a lovely sketch for us.  I think I might have to pin this one for future reference!



I am still making Thanksgiving cards…..I can send them out tomorrow and they’ll still arrive in time, right?!  I pulled out the lovely, sadly retired, Truly Grateful set and some retired DSPs and went to work:
LeAnne Pugliese WeeInklings Paper Players 272 Truly Grateful Stampin Up  - Copy

I stamped the wheat bundle in Hello Honey on a stitched tag from Simon Says Stamp, then stamped it again and cut it out, sponging it and popping it up with dimensionals:

DSCF2993 - Copy

It looked a wee bit plain, so I added a little Soft Suede ribbon tied with some Linen Thread to match my Soft Suede banner.  I cut out a stitched banner (same die set) in Pool Party and isolated just the word “Thankful” with a marker to stamp on top.  My Hello Honey panel is matted with some Cajun Craze cardstock and the whole shebang was mounted on a Hello Honey card.  I found this sentiment in my Harvest Home set, stamped it in Soft Suede on the inside and used my Versamark pad to stamp the wheat again in a lighter tone.  I love this look:

DSCF2995 - Copy

The “Happy Thanksgiving” is from last year’s Paper Pumpkin kit!  I have gotten a lot of use from that little set!  I am also entering this in the Papercraft Crew Challenge #171, which is a theme challenge of giving thanks!

 I hope you’ll join along with us and create something with this wonderful sketch!  You can see everyone’s creation here, or visit us at the Paper Players!
Last week we found a slate-colored junco and a wee little mouse, both of whom had met their demise somewhere near our house…thankfully not IN the house!  After a few tears (Grampy told her the mouse went to mouse heaven, at which she replied “There is NO mouse heaven, Grampy!”), we had a little burial for both of them, complete with blanket!  She insisted on digging with her own shovel, although Grampy did have to help her with that:

DSCF2942DSCF2944
DSCF2951DSCF2956
DSCF2960
DSCF2969

Never a dull moment!  Enjoy your day!

9 comments:

*Vicki* said...

Such a beautiful card LeAnne!! Love the added ribbon and twine!! :)

Claire Broadwater said...

LeAnne, this is just gorgeous! I love this stamp set, too! It makes such a perfect Thanksgiving card. The embossed banner is perfect! GREAT job, my friend! XX
Cassidy is such a sweet girl! XX

mudmaven said...

Oh my - she is growing up so fast! Love this card! Wish I was better at fussy cutting though. Not really my strong suit. Hope you have a fabulous Thanksgiving. We'll have the crowd here so it will be chaotic - but magical at the same time! ~chris

Jaydee said...

LeAnne, I love that you had a burial ceremony for the mouse and junco and I love that Cassidy helped.

Now.. your card. I love the layered wheat and the bright DSP and the same pattern carried with the embossing folder. Stunning card
Hugs
jaydee

Unknown said...

Oh what a sweet Grampy! :) And what a beautiful Thanksgiving Card! I love the ribbon and twine you added to the wheat. I am so thankful to you, Leanne, and the entire Paper Players team for your encouragement, kindness, and friendship during this amazing journey as a guest designer. I sure am going to miss it when it is over in a few weeks! Thanks for making me feel part of the gang :)

Lisa Elton said...

PRETTY Thanksgiving card LeAnne!! My favorite part is the tiny snippet of ribbon and twine you added to the wheat bundle. Poor little critters. So glad Cassidy and Grampy gave them a proper burial!

laurie said...

I love your Thanksgiving card, LeAnne! I really like the bow you added to the wheat, and that DP is awesome.

Oh my...what sweet (and sad) pictures,she must have a big heart!

stampwithamyk said...

I love this card! You used one of my all-time favorite stamp sets and your designer paper and color scheme is perfect.

So sweet that you had a little burial for the mouse and junco. Thanks for sharing the photos! :)

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Gorgeous LeAnne - so much detail and interest with your wheatsheaf and I love the way the background ties all of the elements together. Such a perfect Thanksgiving card! As for Miss Cassidy and the garden burial - such a caring little one!