Wednesday, November 25, 2015

SSSC296 Birthday Bird

DSCF3012
Happy Wednesday, peeps!  I have a 80th birthday card for a sweet lady at our church….she had a nice little open house party which we couldn’t attend because of a funeral, so I wanted to make a pretty card for her.  I knew which stamp I wanted to use, but needed a fairly large element to accommodate the image.  I found a great sketch from the Sweet Sunday Sketch challenge:
I got this bird image from Red Lead stamps; it’s actually larger than this, but I had to cut off some of the definition!  He is stamped in Smoky Slate on Very Vanilla and the papers are from the Pink Paislee Indigo Bleu line. 
LeAnne Pugliese WeeInklings RedLead Bird Birthday
I added a scallop in Smoky Slate as well as an embossed banner, accentuated with a twill ribbon and some enamel dots: 
DSCF3008
My final embellishment was an organdy rose, which I thought was a pretty accent! 
DSCF3011
Thanks for stopping in today!
A little watercolor play:
DSCF3015
DSCF3016
and Grampy even got into the act (with Lambie supervising!):
DSCF3017
Enjoy your day!

2 comments:

*Vicki* said...

Wow!! What a gorgeous card LeAnne!! Really love the soft colors and layout on this one!! Hope you and your family have a wonderful Thanksgiving my friend!! HUGS

Lisa Elton said...

Pretty card LeAnne, I'm sure she loved it!! HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!