Saturday, February 11, 2017

Fusion Sketch Birthday


Happy Saturday, everyone!  I am glad this week is over, I am looking forward to a relaxing weekend! My college roommate has a birthday on Monday, so I looked through my cards but didn't find anything fresh and happy for her, so I went searching for a sketch and found this one at Fusion:


Although my intention was just to use the sketch, I guess with all the hearts going on here, it sort of qualifies for the photo as well!  Anyway, I just love these Simple Stories' I Am papers...they coordinate so well!  I paired them with some elements from Perfectly Wrapped to make her card:

I stamped the sentiment in Palette Noir black and Lost Lagoon, then diecut it with a circle die and backed it with a Lost Lagoon scallop diecut.  I had a little bit of Lost Lagoon thick baker's twine to add to the banner, and I found some stickers in my stash that were just begging to be added....they're translucent and in just the right colors!  I added them randomly around for some shiny fun!

And finally, I added a sentiment from Endless Wishes along with the Perfectly Wrapped ones and stuck a heart sticker inside too!  Thanks for popping in!

 

Despite the cold temps, Cassidy and my brother's grandsons insisted on sledding (I KNOW they slept well that night!).....Cassidy got a push from Chaz on the saucer:


and she spun around so much her scarf flew up in the air!


Here, Cassidy is giving Trent such a push that she is almost airborne herself!  


And as a side note, the green sled had a small crack in the bottom until Grammy went down the hill on it....now there is BIG HOLE in it, and there were many tears.  Sigh, I guess I have to buy her another one!  Oh well!  Enjoy your day and be blessed!  And be sure to come back tomorrow for our next Paper Players challenge!

Project Details - All Supplies Stampin'Up! Unless Noted
Stamps Perfectly Wrapped, Endless Wishes
Card stock & Papers     Soft Sky, Lost Lagoon, Whisper White, I Am DSP (Simple Stories)
 Ink Palette Noir, Lost Lagoon
Accessories Lost Lagoon Baker's Twine, Stickalicious Stickers, Dimensionals
Tools     Big Shot, Circle Dies, Nestability Circle Scallop Die

4 comments:

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Great card LeAnne - those papers are perfect for this layout and such fun! Speaking of which - glad to hear you got in on the sledging action, even if it put paid to the green one forever! Looks like much fun was had!!

Sharon Hashimoto Burkert said...

Love this card! So bright and happy, just makes me smile.

Lisa Elton said...

I have this paper and I like the way you've used in on this delightful birthday card! Thanks for the inspiration! We bought Sweet P a little red plastic sled last year for Christmas. She insisted they pull her around the green grassy yard this past May in it LOL!! Kids :)

Karren said...

Beautiful card, LeAnne! The patterned papers are just gorgeous and you've created a bright and fresh birthday card. So happy to see you at Fusion!