Saturday, April 15, 2017

CC71 Shower Card


Happy Saturday, all!  I had a quiet day yesterday, did some chores around the house and actually got to stamp a wee bit!  I am attending a bridal shower today and when I saw the photo at The Card Concept, I thought it would translate into a pretty shower card:


The photo just doesn't do this card justice, but hopefully you'll get the idea!  


I stamped the "greenery" from Jar of Love with white craft ink and heat-embossed it with white embossing powder, then lightly sponged a "halo" of Mint Macaroon behind it.  I added some Papillion Potpourri butterflies, stamped in Basic Gray and colored with Flirty Flamingo and Marina Mist, then stamped and diecut my jar on some retired DSP:


I added some Flirty Flamingo ruched ribbon, white sequins. and a little sentiment from Teeny Tiny Wishes, and it's good to go!  I would describe my card as the "Clean and Layered" style!

Do you think Cassidy was excited to dye Easter eggs?  Silly girl!


Wayne and Grammy got in on the act too!


Be sure to come back tomorrow--I am the hostess at the Paper Players!  Have a blessed Easter!


Project Details--All Products Stampin' Up! Unless Otherwise Noted
Stamps Papillion Potpourri, Jar of Love, Teeny Tiny Wishes
Card stock & Papers     Thick White, DSP (retired & I can't remember the name of it!)
 Ink White Craft, Going Gray, Marina Mist, Flirty Flamingo, Mint Macaron
Accessories Flirty Flamingo Ruched Ribbon, Marshmallow Sequins (Pretty Pink Posh)
Tools     Big Shot, Everyday Jars Dies, Bitty Banners Dies (ret), White Embossing Powder, Heat Tool, Sponge Dauber, Dimensionals

6 comments:

Claudia said...

I love your embossed branches behind the butterflies. This light and cloudy background is just perfect. Looking forward to the PP tomorrow...

Colleen Begley said...

Wow, you've perfectly recreated that inspiration photo. I love how it turned out! That sponged back ground looks awesome with the white embossed stems. Hope the shower was fun. Happy Easter to all!

Lisa Elton said...

What a lovely shower card!! Oh that Cassidy!!!

Linda Callahan said...

Soooo sweet! Love the jar!

Karen Davis said...

I love the delicate sponging over the embossing, so effective with the gorgeous butterflies. A fabulous take on the challenge. Thank you so much for joining us at The Card Concept.

Veronica Z said...

What a beautiful card! Your design is perfect. Loved the Easter egg dying pics as well! Thank you you for playing along with The Card Concept Challenge!