Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Retro Mom's Day


Happy Wednesday, peeps!  I made a big deal last week about not making Mother's Day cards, and here I am with a Mother's Day card!  I saw the sketch at CAS Colours & Sketches, but I sorta forgot about the clean and simple part, so I used the sketch anyway, but I won't submit it.  I saw that the Graphics Fairy was looking for samples using their vintage images, of which I have LOTS, so I pulled out this retro mom in the kitchen....well, I guess she's a mom--anyway, on my card, she's a mom:


I actually dusted off my Copics and colored her in!  Gasp!  It was a simple image, so it didn't take too long and I didn't do a lot of shading because I'm really not that good at Copic shading, LOL!  I used some really cute BoBunny papers called Kiss the Cook and added some stitched die embellishments, as well as a sentiment from Teeny Tiny Wishes;



and a sentiment from Perfect Mix on the inside....these are so fun for Mother's Day!


Enjoy your day!

We had to take the sliding board down to make way for the equipment, but Cassidy still found a way to play on it:


Be blessed!

6 comments:

Dawn Tidd said...

She looks like a mom to me! Your coloring is terrific too. Love those papers, so cute together with the stitched dies. And that sentiment inside is PERFECT!! I hope your renovation goes smoothly and stays on track!

Linda Callahan said...

You do the best retro cards ever! Perhaps I love them because I grew up on that era! What are you building in the yard now?

Kampin' Karen said...

Her waist is too small so I think she just found out she's a mom-to-be and is baking a cake for her husband. She will put "We're pregnant" on the frosting :-) You really did a great job coloring. I don't even own Copics so I would just assume they color like markers. Very cool retro. Cassidy looks like she's getting taller.

I Card Everyone said...

Oh LeAnne! Just fabulous - my mom always wore an apron - so this cutie is SO a MOM in my eyes!
=]

Lisa Elton said...

Yep, she's a mom!! This is a delightful mother's day card, it's cozy! Kids...love their imaginations!!

Claire Broadwater said...

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this card! That retro image makes me smile! XXX