Saturday, May 5, 2018

GDP136 Celebrate in Gold


Hi peeps!! Happy Saturday!  Hope you've got something fun planned to do this weekend!  I have a masculine card for you today...they are sometimes a challenge, aren't they?   Today's uses the Global Design Project challenge to CASE Allison Okamitsu's cute little card here:

Although you could use any element from her card as an inspiration, I just loved the sketch, and since I have a few masculine birthdays coming up, I forced myself to go in that direction!  Since Awesomely Artistic was still on my desk, (I think I will need to do a tidy-up today!), the medallion in that set, which I rarely used, seemed to be a good element for those four little circles!  I heat-embossed them in gold on Thick Vanilla cardstock, diecut them out and matched them up with some Night of Navy cardstock and Eastern Palace Specialty Paper:


They look pretty embossed in gold, don't they...oh, am I allowed to say "pretty" for a masculine card???


Well, how about stylish?  This sentiment from Truly Tailored fits the bill; I diecut it and a Night of Navy mat with the Layering Ovals framelits to finish off the front of the card:


And here's the inside:


Adding it to my birthday stash!  So happy you popped in today!  And I don't have a Cassidy picture, but as I was puttering around in the kitchen yesterday, I just happened to look out the window and saw this:


It's a pileated woodpecker...I hear them in the woods, but they're very hard to see, they move FAST!  I know my PP teammate Jaydee has them all the time, but it's quite exciting to see one here!  Unfortunately, the maple tree just outside my window is dying and is going to have to come down very soon and my birds will have no place to visit.  I am very sad.  But hopefully we can replace it with another and it will grow quickly!!  Thanks for indulging my bird obsession!  Have a blessed day!

Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Awesomely Artistic, Truly Tailored
Card stock & Papers     Night of Navy, Thick Vanilla, Eastern Palace Specialty DSP
 Ink Gold Encore (ret), Night of Navy
Accessories Dimensionals, Gold Embossing Powder
Tools     Heat Tool, Big Shot, Layering Ovals Framelits, Layering Circles Framelits, 1 1/4" Circle Punch

7 comments:

Mitzi said...

Beautiful card. Or should I say “stylish?” ��

Kampin' Karen said...

What a great card for a guy! Love it!! We have lots of woodpeckers here, including that type. Unfortunately, one year they loved our reflective windows and made quite a mess. They are a protected species so the nature center said to hang colored sheets of paper on the windows. We have 12 full length windows and we were quite the sight for awhile. Passersby would call or stop to see what the heck we were doing! It took awhile but they finally left us alone...the birds, not the people...lol.

Dawn Tidd said...

Gorgeous card, LeAnne, and it's definitely grand! I love all the gold, so elegant. I saw a pileated woodpecker one....and it quickly disappeared into our woods!

JoAnn said...

Beautiful card in gold. Thanks for sharing LeAnne.

Linda Callahan said...

Classy and oh so elegant in gold!

Brian King said...

Great card! Love all that shining gold! Thanks for playing along with this week's GDP challenge!

Lisa Elton said...

Terrific masculine card and yes, I think you can say it looks pretty LOL!!