Friday, May 11, 2018

Sugar Pea 43 Love U


Happy Friday, peeps!  Happy weekend!  Looking forward to spending some time with the family this weekend, how about you?  Hope you have something fun planned!   I thought the Sugar Pea Mix it Up challenge this week was a pretty one:


and I needed a Mother's Day card for John's stepmother, so I pulled out W Plus 9's Freehand Florals and made some roses for my simple CAS card:


I had watched this video which was very helpful in lining up these beautiful layered stamps!  I mounted them on a Crumb Cake panel which was stamped with the retired Dictionary stamp, then I sponged the edges a bit for a vintage look.  Before sponging, I cut the corner of my panel, as well as my card, with a 1 3/4" circle punch to get the rounded edge.  My sentiment is from Altenew's Label Love.  The inside just has a simple Mother's Day sentiment from a past Paper Pumpkin kit.  Aren't these colors pretty?


So happy that you popped in today!

And speaking of Mother's Day, Cassidy's class had a luncheon for their moms yesterday.  They brought in different items for their menu, and Dana chose a turkey sandwich, which Cassidy made (without mayo, because that's how SHE likes it), and Cassidy added not one, but two chocolate chip muffins and some chips.  A good, healthy lunch, LOL!  I told Dana it looked like she used an entire loaf for the sandwich, but it was just the heel:


And the muffin actually looks like a little face!!  But they had fun and Dana got to meet some of Cassidy's classmates as well as their moms, too!


Enjoy your day and be blessed!

Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Freehand Florals (W+9), Dictionary (ret), Label Love (Altenew)
Card stock & Papers     Whisper White, Crumb Cake
 Ink Sahara Sand, Basic Black, Mint Macaron, Garden Green, Flirty Flamingo, Calypso Coral, Blushing Bride
Accessories Dimensionals
Tools     Big Shot, Freehand Florals Dies

7 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

What a wonderful treat for Cassidy, and her Mom! Oh goodness, you've brought me back to my own childhood again, LeAnne! I loved it when my Mom was 'room mom!'
LOve your darling roses - and it's far too long since I've seen someone use that dictionary stamp - it always connects the sentiment so beautifully...
=]

Wendy said...

Beautiful card, LeAnne! Love the roses and how you left it be the focal point! Aww, what a great picture of Dana & Cassidy! Such a fun memory! TFS and enjoy your day & weekend! :)

stampwithsandy said...

So pretty! Love the clean, modern lines!

Linda Callahan said...

Sweet as can be....the card and those girls!

Lisa Elton said...

Oh how I like those soft lovely roses, this is beautiful LeAnne! Looks like a wonderful time for your girls with those pretty smiles!

Kerin said...

LeAnne this is so soft & pretty and I love the background too! Thanks for joining us at SugarPea Designs!

Amy Kolling said...

I love a CAS card and that you used Kraft as your backdrop!!! Thanks for playing along with us at SugarPea Designs!